However, I would not recommend this scrub to people with sensitive skin because it might get irritated and it might be too harsh on the skin
- Honey is rich in vitamins, minerals,and amino acids, which are wonderful beauty aids that nourish the skin.
- Citric acid contained in lemon juice exfoliates your skin, which is essential to speed up the treatment of acne. It also allows you dry the pimples as it acts as an astringent. Being a skin whitener, it eventually diminishes the redness of your pimples naturally. You may also apply lemon juice to acne scars in order to encourage their swift healing and temporary bleaching.
- Sugar is alpha-hydroxy rich and gives you glowing skin. It's great for exfoliating and deep cleansing. Sugar scrubs promote healthier more uniformly colored and textured skin. Mixed with the right ingredients it hydrates the skin without clogging pores.
- The vitamin E in olive oil is an antioxidant. In addition, mono-unsaturated fatty acids are less easily damaged by oxygen than other types of fat. They are therefore less likely to produce free radicals, which damage cell membranes and contribute to several diseases. It does not clog pores and is ideal for dry and even oily skin. This is the perfect natural moisturizer. Warm olive oil applied to the skin and help relieve internal or external inflammation caused by an injury or disease. Also helps grow strong and healthy nails!
- 2/3 table spoons of pure honey
- 3 table spoons of olive oil (depending on your skin type)
- 1 1/2 table spoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of white sugar (I suggest you use white sugar since its more gentle to the skin rather than brown sugar)
- something to store it in (I used an empty baby food jar)